For many people, trees are an automatic, self-sustaining part of our world. Trees are a source of shade, air conditioning, and visual appeal that is “just there” – often overlooked, and sadly taken for granted. The fact is that trees in our developed environment present a challenge, requiring careful planning and vigilant maintenance. The shared public trust of governments, businesses, and homeowners is responsible for tree plantings that grow, thrive, and remain safe. When a problem occurs – if a tree causes damage or becomes a public safety hazard – a source for advice and mediation is often needed, we are here to be your Kenai Peninsula tree specialist and help you with all your tree care needs.
This is the role of the consulting tree specialist. To bring a comprehensive, objective viewpoint to the diagnosis, appraisal, and evaluation of arboricultural issues. Our tree specialists can serve a variety of needs for:
- Lawyers – Expert witness testimony in cases involving damage or injury related to trees
- Insurance Companies -Appraisals of tree value in property claims
- Developers, Planners, and Landscape Architects – Evaluation of the environmental impact of development; long-term planning for placement and maintenance of trees; inspection of plant material; and information on the preservation of existing trees
- Municipalities – Evaluation and planning of long-term public plantings
- Homeowners – Full-service consultation for evaluation, planning, and preservation of trees
What To Expect During A Consultation
What should you expect during a typical tree care consultation? For starters, it’s a chance for one of our tree specialists to listen to your concerns and make recommendations and describe all services in advance. Maybe there’s an issue with view enhancement that’s been bothering you and you want to know what you can do about it. On the other hand, you may want to know if a tree on your property is dying and if it can be saved or if it needs to be removed. Together, you and an Alaska Tree Solutions specialist will walk your property and discuss your trees and figure out the expert tree and pruning services you need.
Even more, a consultation will include a safety assessment to ensure your trees won’t hurt people or damage property during weather related events such as heavy winds or severe snow fall. This assessment is an important part of a consultation because it will alert you to any potential dangers you may face in the future. Your tree specialists at Alaska Tree Solutions will also look for any signs of disease or unwanted insect infestations that can spread to nearby healthy trees.